Nobody fills a gallery like Berlin artist Katharina Grosse and her latest show at the De Pont Museum of Contemporary Art, Tilburg is no exception to that rule. As ever Katharina has tasked herself with turning the stark environment of a modern gallery into a celebration of colour, form and scale. The central installation on display features giant orbs of multi-coloured PVC arranged into a complex labyrinth, inviting visitors to tread a carefully constructed path through the physical space.
Draped across the walls are a selection of large-scale paintings that have never before been exhibited in the same space, demonstrating Katharina’s skill as a traditional painter as well as an artist of exceptional experimental prowess. The paintings showcase over a decade of Katharina’s studio works and bear all the trademarks of her personal vernacular, playing with the physicality of her materials and exploring the nature of paint as an artwork in its own right rathe than just a medium.
You can see Two Younger Women Come In And Pull Out A Table until June 9 at the De Pont Museum of Contemporary Art, Tilburg.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)