Visual wizard is not a term used lightly, but it seems appropriate here as this guy is seriously raising the bar for young art directors and graphic designers right now. The Gerrit Rietveld Academie – which is pretty much an active volcano that vomits out hundreds of incredibly talented people every year – was the establishment that educated Killian, and taught him the art of making something look A) very cool and B) ahead of its time.
And that’s not all. Just as a luxurious country manor has a long driveway, Killian’s website has one of the most pleasurable introductory pages you can get, showing us that as well as being a young master of print and art direction, he’s also handy with a bit of Flash as well – looks as if we’d better keep our eye on him.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”