Visual wizard is not a term used lightly, but it seems appropriate here as this guy is seriously raising the bar for young art directors and graphic designers right now. The Gerrit Rietveld Academie – which is pretty much an active volcano that vomits out hundreds of incredibly talented people every year – was the establishment that educated Killian, and taught him the art of making something look A) very cool and B) ahead of its time.
And that’s not all. Just as a luxurious country manor has a long driveway, Killian’s website has one of the most pleasurable introductory pages you can get, showing us that as well as being a young master of print and art direction, he’s also handy with a bit of Flash as well – looks as if we’d better keep our eye on him.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August