Glancing your eye over new artwork it is almost second nature to categorise it into a mental folder – there’s a drawer for illustration, a drawer for painting, and a little drawer in the corner for really really weird stuff right? But what makes artist Koen Taselaar extraordinarily cool is try as you might you can’t possibly put one single label on his work. Creating drawings, illustrations, collages, sculpture AND beautiful typography, Koen Taselaar can only be described as a master of all things creative and if you thought quality would inevitably differ between medium you couldn’t be more wrong.
Rather impressively Koen is somehow amazing at all of the above and as a result his online portfolio is absolutely stunning. With each of his pieces intricately detailed, his raw talent, creativity and obvious passion for the art is undeniable.
Living between Berlin and Rotterdam and with titles for his work including Cigarette Butt Sluts, Binge Drawing and The Depressed Colourwheel, he seems a rather cool guy too. What’s not to love?
- Parallel Teeth's cheery world of egg eyes, animated cut-outs and weird illustrated characters
- Will Dohrn directs dreamy video “Ribbons” for Club Kuru
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know