Anyone cool enough to have a studio propped on the top of an old chocolate factory in the middle of Amsterdam, deserves a little pat on the back for originality but when you are the owner of that very studio AND you happen to be the brains behind some truly stunning illustration, you deserve a pat on the back, some mighty recognition and a little gold badge telling everyone quite how great you are.
Gold badge we can’t quite do, but what we can do is tell you that when it comes to illustration, Kustaa Saksi is one talented man and with his colour-drenched illustrations (and his chocolate factory studio) set to brighten up any dreary day, you can’t help but fall in love with his work.
But it’s not just us raving about this man’s talent, being commissioned left right and centre by the likes of Microsoft, Cartoon Network and Nissan and with a portfolio brimming with distinctive heavy patterns and beautifully detailed designs – Kustaa Saksi has us all seriously impressed.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan