If creativity is catching then Barcelona has been in the grip of an epidemic this past year. So much fun, interesting and exciting work has been produced there these past 12 months across a host of disciplines that it’s never a great surprise to discover a project we like hails from the Catalan city. The latest we can add to the list is Midi Colors by lagranja design. This new collection of tables, cabinets and shelves for the Sistema Midi company uses a bright colour palette and extruded aluminium as the starting points to create really eye-catching, playful and good-looking pieces of furniture.
Take a bow Barcelona, like you’re all-conquering football team your creative community is the one to beat right now.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label