You can’t blame me for being drawn in by the overwhelming presence of fruit in designer and art director Leta Sobierajski’s portfolio. There’s a lot of it. There’s also of meat, cheese and geometric shapes, but that’s neither here nor there – it’s the fruit we’re fixated on.
In actual fact, her work is incredibly diverse; ranging from more conventional identities to brilliantly bizarre compositions of painted limbs, bright balloons and surprisingly coloured edible matter. The common theme underpinning it all, however, is that her work is stubbornly multidisciplinary, combining photography, art and styling with more traditional design elements to create utterly unique visuals. One prime example of this is the campaign she put together for Odd Pears, an Australian-based sock design company who sell their socks in sets of three.
Leta explains: “They reached out to me to create a series of images to be used as posters and postcards to promote their polka-dotted collection. The result is a surreal, fantastically coloured group of face-less figures sporting their Odd Pears in clashing colours and curious compositions.” Sounds like a perfect client-and-designer pairing to me.
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Upcoming Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition pairs key works with his daughter’s designs
- The brilliant Mat Maitland is back with more luxuriously surreal collages
- We chat to Snøhetta about designing banknotes, studio rituals and the problems with civic commissions
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Candy colours, surreal scenes and unconventional couples in Bex Day's Manic Ovation series
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography