In case you’re not aware we really love books here at It’s Nice That. We get sent loads each week by lovely people all over the world and sometimes, when the mood takes us, we even go out to a shop and hand over hard cash in exchange for printed matter. It’s the smell that does it for us (plus carrying a book around will make you look VERY intelligent); there’s literally nothing finer that the unique aroma of a freshly printed, newly-opened book.
Except for two freshly printed newly-opened books, which is what Lina Forsgren realised when designing this beautiful package for photographer Anders Krisár. Instead of compiling words and images into one single volume, Lina created two publications, one of images and the other of text, all exquisitely packaged in a bespoke archival box. This unusual format allows Anders’ images the space they deserve, spreading across pages and onto the cover with total abandon while the supporting texts are compiled into a cloth-bound tome with an altogether more serious appearance. If only more books came in pairs.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s