Many dare to bridge the gap between hand-rendered illustration and commissioned design pieces, but none so deftly as the delightful Linda Linko, a Finnish illustrator who has designed some of the most eye-catchingly original posters we’ve seen in a while. Her choice of canvas, a huge and bright scroll-like sheet of paper, combined with her deep black, hand-rendered typography (exclaiming excitement-inducing words such as ‘NYE Dinner’ and ‘Cosmic Boogie’) are probably the coolest promotional visuals you could ever have to promote your event.
Pekka Agency, who represent Linda, note that she is inspired by “imperfect shapes, large formats, black humor and basically everything that happens while she is away from her computer” – very wise words, and inspirational to anyone tackling a poster brief.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"