Many dare to bridge the gap between hand-rendered illustration and commissioned design pieces, but none so deftly as the delightful Linda Linko, a Finnish illustrator who has designed some of the most eye-catchingly original posters we’ve seen in a while. Her choice of canvas, a huge and bright scroll-like sheet of paper, combined with her deep black, hand-rendered typography (exclaiming excitement-inducing words such as ‘NYE Dinner’ and ‘Cosmic Boogie’) are probably the coolest promotional visuals you could ever have to promote your event.
Pekka Agency, who represent Linda, note that she is inspired by “imperfect shapes, large formats, black humor and basically everything that happens while she is away from her computer” – very wise words, and inspirational to anyone tackling a poster brief.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations