Many dare to bridge the gap between hand-rendered illustration and commissioned design pieces, but none so deftly as the delightful Linda Linko, a Finnish illustrator who has designed some of the most eye-catchingly original posters we’ve seen in a while. Her choice of canvas, a huge and bright scroll-like sheet of paper, combined with her deep black, hand-rendered typography (exclaiming excitement-inducing words such as ‘NYE Dinner’ and ‘Cosmic Boogie’) are probably the coolest promotional visuals you could ever have to promote your event.
Pekka Agency, who represent Linda, note that she is inspired by “imperfect shapes, large formats, black humor and basically everything that happens while she is away from her computer” – very wise words, and inspirational to anyone tackling a poster brief.
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Makings of a Man: It’s Nice That and Harry’s invite you to be a life model for a day
- A higgledy-piggledy, funny yet tragic tale: The Romance of the Skeleton
- Tiago Galo’s refreshing, travel-themed illustrations remind us of sunnier times
- Artist Morgan Blair on her “pathological need to make you laugh”
- Lennarts & de Bruijn’s “hot as hell” campaign for Utrecht club, Ekko
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books