Many dare to bridge the gap between hand-rendered illustration and commissioned design pieces, but none so deftly as the delightful Linda Linko, a Finnish illustrator who has designed some of the most eye-catchingly original posters we’ve seen in a while. Her choice of canvas, a huge and bright scroll-like sheet of paper, combined with her deep black, hand-rendered typography (exclaiming excitement-inducing words such as ‘NYE Dinner’ and ‘Cosmic Boogie’) are probably the coolest promotional visuals you could ever have to promote your event.
Pekka Agency, who represent Linda, note that she is inspired by “imperfect shapes, large formats, black humor and basically everything that happens while she is away from her computer” – very wise words, and inspirational to anyone tackling a poster brief.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages