The silver screen has never been afraid of time travel, or venturing beyond the end of the world as we know it. In the 1960s, Chris Marker’s short film La Jetée transported us to an age following the Third World War in a devastated Paris of underground dwellers; in the 1980s it was the turn of The Terminator to journey back and forth in time; and more recently The Road terrified us with its post-apocalyptic tale.
Inspired, thrilled, or trembling from head to toenail, ten artists have created a series of posters of classic apocalyptic films for Little White Lies’ exhibition Time After Time. It’s Nice That Graduate David Doran’s take on Children of Men is a corker, far better than the original in my humble opinion, and consistent with all his excellent work that we’ve featured on the site before. Lauren Humphrey – yet another of our brilliant 2014 Grads – took on Zombieland with her characteristically playful illustrations, proving that she can do macabre just as well as magical. French graphic designer Laurène Boglio’s reimagining of La Jetée’s poster is enthralling; this is one image which really makes you want to see the movie.
Time After Time runs at London’s 71a Gallery until 10 August, private views by RSVP only.
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- An insight into The Guardian's newly released brand guidelines
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Upcoming Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition pairs key works with his daughter’s designs
- The brilliant Mat Maitland is back with more luxuriously surreal collages
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography