Football is often held up as a sporting metaphor that can teach us about life, love, justice, heartbreak, dedication and much more besides. Lola Madrid have extrapolated this idea even further in this great set of ads for Libero football magazine. They show four women patiently explaining to their partners how to make small-talk with the father-in-law or why it’s important to take the bins out, using analogies based on Brazilian full-backs or managerial cycles.
Under the concept “If you explain it with football they’ll get it,” the agency have not just come up with a funny series of ads which appeal to footy fans and non-believers alike, they’ve also neatly reflected the publication’s breadth of content which takes the sport as a starting point. Back of the net!
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations