Rounding off a fantastic London Design Festival it’s worth mentioning the fifth London Design Medal was awarded to the Israeli industrial designer, artist, and architect Ron Arad.
Following previous winners Thomas Heatherwick, Zaha Hadid, Paul Smith and Marc Newson, Arad said on accepting the award, “Thank you London – I couldn’t imagine doing whatever I’m doing anywhere else in the world”.
Also awarded on the night was a special Lifetime Achievement Award to Vidal Sassoon.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris