Rounding off a fantastic London Design Festival it’s worth mentioning the fifth London Design Medal was awarded to the Israeli industrial designer, artist, and architect Ron Arad.
Following previous winners Thomas Heatherwick, Zaha Hadid, Paul Smith and Marc Newson, Arad said on accepting the award, “Thank you London – I couldn’t imagine doing whatever I’m doing anywhere else in the world”.
Also awarded on the night was a special Lifetime Achievement Award to Vidal Sassoon.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August