Rounding off a fantastic London Design Festival it’s worth mentioning the fifth London Design Medal was awarded to the Israeli industrial designer, artist, and architect Ron Arad.
Following previous winners Thomas Heatherwick, Zaha Hadid, Paul Smith and Marc Newson, Arad said on accepting the award, “Thank you London – I couldn’t imagine doing whatever I’m doing anywhere else in the world”.
Also awarded on the night was a special Lifetime Achievement Award to Vidal Sassoon.
- Patrick Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colour characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU