Rounding off a fantastic London Design Festival it’s worth mentioning the fifth London Design Medal was awarded to the Israeli industrial designer, artist, and architect Ron Arad.
Following previous winners Thomas Heatherwick, Zaha Hadid, Paul Smith and Marc Newson, Arad said on accepting the award, “Thank you London – I couldn’t imagine doing whatever I’m doing anywhere else in the world”.
Also awarded on the night was a special Lifetime Achievement Award to Vidal Sassoon.
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Smart, funny and expertly executed party posters from German designer Mark Bohle
- Vice, despair and a bafflingly fertile imagination from Brooklyn-based Milton Melvin Croissant III
- A focus on typography in Ghent-based designer Corbin Mahieu's updated portfolio
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web