In The Kitchen looks set to be a fantastic series of short documentary films from Luke Monaghan. The concept of the series is to go inside some of London’s most exciting and forward thinking restaurants, profiling the brains behind the operation.
The first film features Anna Hansen, Owner & Head Chef of The Modern Pantry in Clerkenwell. “Born in Canada and raised in New Zealand, Anna studied business management before venturing out into the world of food. Anna is one of the best young chefs in the world”.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again