Those who say it’s impossible for animals to genuinely play up to the camera obviously haven’t witnessed these coquettish beauties captured by remarkably talented, tradition-hunting photographer Luke Stephenson at a bird show. Placed in impeccably chosen coloured backgrounds, these birds are simultaneously the sweetest and most fascinating creatures you could ever wish to capture on camera.
Be it the birds showbiz lifestyle or Luke Stephenson’s continual natural ability to capture the bizarre rituals of Great Britain, these are some of the funniest photos we’ve seen in a while. But which one’s your favourite? I vote the lovebird – can you seriously say that look isn’t rehearsed daily?
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school