Those who say it’s impossible for animals to genuinely play up to the camera obviously haven’t witnessed these coquettish beauties captured by remarkably talented, tradition-hunting photographer Luke Stephenson at a bird show. Placed in impeccably chosen coloured backgrounds, these birds are simultaneously the sweetest and most fascinating creatures you could ever wish to capture on camera.
Be it the birds showbiz lifestyle or Luke Stephenson’s continual natural ability to capture the bizarre rituals of Great Britain, these are some of the funniest photos we’ve seen in a while. But which one’s your favourite? I vote the lovebird – can you seriously say that look isn’t rehearsed daily?
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity