Those who say it’s impossible for animals to genuinely play up to the camera obviously haven’t witnessed these coquettish beauties captured by remarkably talented, tradition-hunting photographer Luke Stephenson at a bird show. Placed in impeccably chosen coloured backgrounds, these birds are simultaneously the sweetest and most fascinating creatures you could ever wish to capture on camera.
Be it the birds showbiz lifestyle or Luke Stephenson’s continual natural ability to capture the bizarre rituals of Great Britain, these are some of the funniest photos we’ve seen in a while. But which one’s your favourite? I vote the lovebird – can you seriously say that look isn’t rehearsed daily?
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting