Those who say it’s impossible for animals to genuinely play up to the camera obviously haven’t witnessed these coquettish beauties captured by remarkably talented, tradition-hunting photographer Luke Stephenson at a bird show. Placed in impeccably chosen coloured backgrounds, these birds are simultaneously the sweetest and most fascinating creatures you could ever wish to capture on camera.
Be it the birds showbiz lifestyle or Luke Stephenson’s continual natural ability to capture the bizarre rituals of Great Britain, these are some of the funniest photos we’ve seen in a while. But which one’s your favourite? I vote the lovebird – can you seriously say that look isn’t rehearsed daily?
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood