When I think of public interaction instantly images of embarrassed people or worse, over-enthusiastic people are conjured up, standing in a circle passing a “thought ball” around. It doesn’t have to be this way though and Luna Maurer with her design practice, Poly-luna are demonstrating why with their many exciting projects.
Take their Human Interference Project where they asked a range of artists, designers and friends to draw a closed shape on a piece of A4 and repeat the shape both inside and outside of the original shape until the piece of paper is filled with approximately 50 iterations on the page. Oddly mathematical figures are created by hand-drawing them which have a lovely quality.
Another project, Green Grass Fungus part of the Fungus Series is playful, fun and there’s nothing embarrassing about it all. Visitors to the exhibition space are given four stickers when entering and asked to affix them on the exhibition floor with the rule being that the sticker must be attached to a full side of an already place sticker. What’s created is a flurorescent green vine of stickers climbing around the space and up the walls, a temporary record of everyone that visited the space and got involved. Good stuff!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016