When I think of public interaction instantly images of embarrassed people or worse, over-enthusiastic people are conjured up, standing in a circle passing a “thought ball” around. It doesn’t have to be this way though and Luna Maurer with her design practice, Poly-luna are demonstrating why with their many exciting projects.
Take their Human Interference Project where they asked a range of artists, designers and friends to draw a closed shape on a piece of A4 and repeat the shape both inside and outside of the original shape until the piece of paper is filled with approximately 50 iterations on the page. Oddly mathematical figures are created by hand-drawing them which have a lovely quality.
Another project, Green Grass Fungus part of the Fungus Series is playful, fun and there’s nothing embarrassing about it all. Visitors to the exhibition space are given four stickers when entering and asked to affix them on the exhibition floor with the rule being that the sticker must be attached to a full side of an already place sticker. What’s created is a flurorescent green vine of stickers climbing around the space and up the walls, a temporary record of everyone that visited the space and got involved. Good stuff!
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August