If, like us, you’re pretty partial to hand-crafted objects then it’s time to hold onto the seat of your selvage pants, because we’ve just come across the magazine for you. MADE is a quarterly journal from Published by Process and Hunt Studio that deals exclusively with artisanal objects, whether they’re fashioned from steel, leather or organic cream. As we plough on further into the digital age it’s reassuring to know that there are some seriously talented folks out there doing things the old-fashioned way, and MADE’s mission is to find out why they do what they do.
The inaugural issue is packed full of great features with the likes of Danish motorcycle builders Wrenchmonkees, Aussie cobblers Feit and French interior architect Noe Duchaufour-Lawrence. It also comes with no fewer than four bespoke covers for the discerning collectors amongst you. Now go forth and purchase issue one in abundance so we can make MADE our favourite crafted quarterly for many years to come.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU