If, like us, you’re pretty partial to hand-crafted objects then it’s time to hold onto the seat of your selvage pants, because we’ve just come across the magazine for you. MADE is a quarterly journal from Published by Process and Hunt Studio that deals exclusively with artisanal objects, whether they’re fashioned from steel, leather or organic cream. As we plough on further into the digital age it’s reassuring to know that there are some seriously talented folks out there doing things the old-fashioned way, and MADE’s mission is to find out why they do what they do.
The inaugural issue is packed full of great features with the likes of Danish motorcycle builders Wrenchmonkees, Aussie cobblers Feit and French interior architect Noe Duchaufour-Lawrence. It also comes with no fewer than four bespoke covers for the discerning collectors amongst you. Now go forth and purchase issue one in abundance so we can make MADE our favourite crafted quarterly for many years to come.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection