Gather round all you design fetishists as Made Thought have produced some drool-inducing printed matter for GF Smith’s Colorplan series. From the drop-dead gorgeous swatch book through some-super stylish business cards and an impressive website to boot, everything about the way this has been produced and documented is sure to bring out the obsessive in any design aficionado. This is a great contemporary refresh for Colorplan, first released in 1972, and with further digital development of the brand in the pipeline this may be one graphic design gift that keeps on giving.
And if that’s whetted your appetite for some Colorplan goodness, then you should DEFINITELY know that GF Smith are kindly supporting our creative symposium Here taking place this June.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”