Phew! This is some steamy typography if ever I saw some. Let’s all give a big round of applause to Malika Favre who has successfully made typography sexy, and not in the lame “that design is seriously sexy” way, in the actually sexy way! She’s taken the ancient, much pored-over Kama Sutra and transformed it into an online orgy of illustration and graphic design represented in slowly gyrating gif format with help from Guy Moorhouse, the Present Perfect team and a whole host of other animators.
Working on individual letters, the animators have been allowed to create their own take on the positions illustrated by Malika, giving each moving letter it’s own extraordinary personality. The prints of each individual letter will be on sale at Pick Me Up London, but be quick — there’s only 10 of each one! So get them while they’re hot. Big thank you to Malika for making us our very own It’s Nice That typographic Kama Sutra too!
- The It’s Nice That Podcast: Discussing the form and function of money
- Spanish studio Creanet pushes the form of the magazine with its latest project
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know