Phew! This is some steamy typography if ever I saw some. Let’s all give a big round of applause to Malika Favre who has successfully made typography sexy, and not in the lame “that design is seriously sexy” way, in the actually sexy way! She’s taken the ancient, much pored-over Kama Sutra and transformed it into an online orgy of illustration and graphic design represented in slowly gyrating gif format with help from Guy Moorhouse, the Present Perfect team and a whole host of other animators.
Working on individual letters, the animators have been allowed to create their own take on the positions illustrated by Malika, giving each moving letter it’s own extraordinary personality. The prints of each individual letter will be on sale at Pick Me Up London, but be quick — there’s only 10 of each one! So get them while they’re hot. Big thank you to Malika for making us our very own It’s Nice That typographic Kama Sutra too!
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich