Phew! This is some steamy typography if ever I saw some. Let’s all give a big round of applause to Malika Favre who has successfully made typography sexy, and not in the lame “that design is seriously sexy” way, in the actually sexy way! She’s taken the ancient, much pored-over Kama Sutra and transformed it into an online orgy of illustration and graphic design represented in slowly gyrating gif format with help from Guy Moorhouse, the Present Perfect team and a whole host of other animators.
Working on individual letters, the animators have been allowed to create their own take on the positions illustrated by Malika, giving each moving letter it’s own extraordinary personality. The prints of each individual letter will be on sale at Pick Me Up London, but be quick — there’s only 10 of each one! So get them while they’re hot. Big thank you to Malika for making us our very own It’s Nice That typographic Kama Sutra too!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016