It’s becoming something of a yearly tradition for us to check back in with Malin Rosenqvist, the very talented Swedish illustrator responsible for a bunch of posts from us cataloguing her creative development over the past few years. And never one to disappoint, she’s back again this spring with loads of new stuff for us to fawn over.
This time around there are plenty of her favoured flora and fauna, fruit and veg and botanical wonders all presented in her signature fine-liner style, but her portfolio also boasts something of a new direction. In among the foliage is a collection of images focused on character-based stories, and perhaps most excitingly, a couple of experiments with psychedelic-inspired type for Metro and Swedish foodie mag Hunger among others. We think she does hand-drawn lettering very well indeed – here’s hoping for more in the future!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”