More Swiss design for your enjoyment today, this time in the form of collaborative duo David Mamie and Nicola Todeschini, two designers working individually and in partnership from their shared studio in Geneva. Since 2009 they’ve been collaborating on a variety of beautiful print projects, but these posters for gig production company Le KAB de L’Usine are pretty exceptional and have won a Swiss Federal Design Award for their brilliance.
Due to limited budgets the whole series has been printed using a laser jet and a single colour for each, keeping costs to a minimum and forcing David and Nicola to make the most of their layouts to create a striking visual. On top of that they produce a limited run of one-colour A1 silk-screens to be released ahead of each event. It’s a pretty remarkable job as far as we’re concerned – good work chaps.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations