More Swiss design for your enjoyment today, this time in the form of collaborative duo David Mamie and Nicola Todeschini, two designers working individually and in partnership from their shared studio in Geneva. Since 2009 they’ve been collaborating on a variety of beautiful print projects, but these posters for gig production company Le KAB de L’Usine are pretty exceptional and have won a Swiss Federal Design Award for their brilliance.
Due to limited budgets the whole series has been printed using a laser jet and a single colour for each, keeping costs to a minimum and forcing David and Nicola to make the most of their layouts to create a striking visual. On top of that they produce a limited run of one-colour A1 silk-screens to be released ahead of each event. It’s a pretty remarkable job as far as we’re concerned – good work chaps.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"