More Swiss design for your enjoyment today, this time in the form of collaborative duo David Mamie and Nicola Todeschini, two designers working individually and in partnership from their shared studio in Geneva. Since 2009 they’ve been collaborating on a variety of beautiful print projects, but these posters for gig production company Le KAB de L’Usine are pretty exceptional and have won a Swiss Federal Design Award for their brilliance.
Due to limited budgets the whole series has been printed using a laser jet and a single colour for each, keeping costs to a minimum and forcing David and Nicola to make the most of their layouts to create a striking visual. On top of that they produce a limited run of one-colour A1 silk-screens to be released ahead of each event. It’s a pretty remarkable job as far as we’re concerned – good work chaps.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”