Now I know what you’re thinking – the Tree Council sounds like something from a Tolkein fantasy involving hoary old oaks debating whether to topple an evil wizard, and I admit that until this week I’d never heard of it either. But that’s all changed thanks to some great new work from Marc&Anna, which was exactly the idea. The London-based duo were asked to help promote the work of the arboreal organisation which helps plant trees in playgrounds and other public spaces and monitors the health of tress across the country.
Working pro-bono, Marc (Atkinson) and Anna (Ekelund) designed this series of leaflets and posters with snappy copy and lovely bark-like backs for the new Friends of the Tree Council scheme, proving that even some fairly unlikely groups can embrace really beautiful graphic design.
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Beil defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs