With the print industry flailing around like a boozy reveller in a deceptively deep fountain, you might think that publishers would be keen to snare buyers with cut-price offers. Not so over at Taschen where bigger is better as exemplified by their gorgeous new Marc Newson monograph, a 610-page behemoth, the special edition of which retails at a cool £3,500 (regular edition £650).
But if you’re going to go big, then it makes sense to take on a talent as immense as Marc Newson. The Australian-born London based designer is undoubtedly one of the industry’s genuine superstars – in 2005 he was named by TIME as one of the most influential people in the world. From furniture to fashion, shops to a spaceship (I know!) it’s all here to be pored and purred over and it’s an important record of a hugely significant design figure.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs