Lisbon-born, Barcelona-based designer Margarida Borges has some super nice design work under her belt for one so young. Among the many projects in her portfolio is her collaboration with Catalan fashion designer Sita Murt; creating succinct and innovative design solutions, Margarida encapsulates the designer’s sensual, feminine aesthetic in the form of seasonal press releases.
Her design for the Spring/Summer 2013 release, for example, pulls lemon yellows and powder pinks from the garments it showcases and utilises them in the colour scheme, resulting in a subtly immersive reader experience. The Autumn/Winter release is similarly tailored to the collection, this time taking the form of a small booklet which unfolds to reveal the dominant textures and colours on the reverse of each page. It’s chic and effective, and far from overwrought.
And just in case you’re running low on procrastination material to power your Monday afternoon, her simply designed and thoroughly stocked Tumblr provides ample scrolling, with inspiration, examples of her own work and details from other design that you might not have spotted providing a comprehensive peek into Margarida’s mind. Which seems very kind of her, really.
- The creative team behind John Grant’s post-apocalyptic world
- They have beauty, they have grace, they are Jack Mears’ ceramic dogs
- Caroline Tompkins deftly captures goggle marks, swim caps and foam floats
- Illustrator Jan Robert Duennweller's erratic style creates "visual headlines"
- Réka Neszmélyi's boundary breaking identity for Hungarian Bánkitó Cultural & Music Festival 2016
- Five things to remember as a young creative
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale