Lisbon-born, Barcelona-based designer Margarida Borges has some super nice design work under her belt for one so young. Among the many projects in her portfolio is her collaboration with Catalan fashion designer Sita Murt; creating succinct and innovative design solutions, Margarida encapsulates the designer’s sensual, feminine aesthetic in the form of seasonal press releases.
Her design for the Spring/Summer 2013 release, for example, pulls lemon yellows and powder pinks from the garments it showcases and utilises them in the colour scheme, resulting in a subtly immersive reader experience. The Autumn/Winter release is similarly tailored to the collection, this time taking the form of a small booklet which unfolds to reveal the dominant textures and colours on the reverse of each page. It’s chic and effective, and far from overwrought.
And just in case you’re running low on procrastination material to power your Monday afternoon, her simply designed and thoroughly stocked Tumblr provides ample scrolling, with inspiration, examples of her own work and details from other design that you might not have spotted providing a comprehensive peek into Margarida’s mind. Which seems very kind of her, really.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting