Lisbon-born, Barcelona-based designer Margarida Borges has some super nice design work under her belt for one so young. Among the many projects in her portfolio is her collaboration with Catalan fashion designer Sita Murt; creating succinct and innovative design solutions, Margarida encapsulates the designer’s sensual, feminine aesthetic in the form of seasonal press releases.
Her design for the Spring/Summer 2013 release, for example, pulls lemon yellows and powder pinks from the garments it showcases and utilises them in the colour scheme, resulting in a subtly immersive reader experience. The Autumn/Winter release is similarly tailored to the collection, this time taking the form of a small booklet which unfolds to reveal the dominant textures and colours on the reverse of each page. It’s chic and effective, and far from overwrought.
And just in case you’re running low on procrastination material to power your Monday afternoon, her simply designed and thoroughly stocked Tumblr provides ample scrolling, with inspiration, examples of her own work and details from other design that you might not have spotted providing a comprehensive peek into Margarida’s mind. Which seems very kind of her, really.
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc