Lisbon-born, Barcelona-based designer Margarida Borges has some super nice design work under her belt for one so young. Among the many projects in her portfolio is her collaboration with Catalan fashion designer Sita Murt; creating succinct and innovative design solutions, Margarida encapsulates the designer’s sensual, feminine aesthetic in the form of seasonal press releases.
Her design for the Spring/Summer 2013 release, for example, pulls lemon yellows and powder pinks from the garments it showcases and utilises them in the colour scheme, resulting in a subtly immersive reader experience. The Autumn/Winter release is similarly tailored to the collection, this time taking the form of a small booklet which unfolds to reveal the dominant textures and colours on the reverse of each page. It’s chic and effective, and far from overwrought.
And just in case you’re running low on procrastination material to power your Monday afternoon, her simply designed and thoroughly stocked Tumblr provides ample scrolling, with inspiration, examples of her own work and details from other design that you might not have spotted providing a comprehensive peek into Margarida’s mind. Which seems very kind of her, really.
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs