Lisbon-born, Barcelona-based designer Margarida Borges has some super nice design work under her belt for one so young. Among the many projects in her portfolio is her collaboration with Catalan fashion designer Sita Murt; creating succinct and innovative design solutions, Margarida encapsulates the designer’s sensual, feminine aesthetic in the form of seasonal press releases.
Her design for the Spring/Summer 2013 release, for example, pulls lemon yellows and powder pinks from the garments it showcases and utilises them in the colour scheme, resulting in a subtly immersive reader experience. The Autumn/Winter release is similarly tailored to the collection, this time taking the form of a small booklet which unfolds to reveal the dominant textures and colours on the reverse of each page. It’s chic and effective, and far from overwrought.
And just in case you’re running low on procrastination material to power your Monday afternoon, her simply designed and thoroughly stocked Tumblr provides ample scrolling, with inspiration, examples of her own work and details from other design that you might not have spotted providing a comprehensive peek into Margarida’s mind. Which seems very kind of her, really.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations