You might remember a competition we ran back in April (perhaps not, but we’re here to remind you!) challenging a creative to create a label for Scottish distillery Bunnahabhain’s collaboration with The Fishermens’ Mission. The task was to think up a contemporary slant on the brand’s longstanding identity, which focuses on the image of a travelling helmsman returning to his distillery.
We’re super excited to announce that the winner is Mathilda Holmqvist! Mathilda is a London-based, Swedish-born illustrator with a flair for creating imagery inspired by the landscapes and traditions which surround her, which might explain why her design for the Bunnahabhain label is so effective. Combining a strong narrative of the weary sailor returning home with her own distinct and welcoming style, Mathilda captured the brief perfectly while still managing to give her image plenty of her own character. Well done Mathilda!
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August