You might remember a competition we ran back in April (perhaps not, but we’re here to remind you!) challenging a creative to create a label for Scottish distillery Bunnahabhain’s collaboration with The Fishermens’ Mission. The task was to think up a contemporary slant on the brand’s longstanding identity, which focuses on the image of a travelling helmsman returning to his distillery.
We’re super excited to announce that the winner is Mathilda Holmqvist! Mathilda is a London-based, Swedish-born illustrator with a flair for creating imagery inspired by the landscapes and traditions which surround her, which might explain why her design for the Bunnahabhain label is so effective. Combining a strong narrative of the weary sailor returning home with her own distinct and welcoming style, Mathilda captured the brief perfectly while still managing to give her image plenty of her own character. Well done Mathilda!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery