You might remember a competition we ran back in April (perhaps not, but we’re here to remind you!) challenging a creative to create a label for Scottish distillery Bunnahabhain’s collaboration with The Fishermens’ Mission. The task was to think up a contemporary slant on the brand’s longstanding identity, which focuses on the image of a travelling helmsman returning to his distillery.
We’re super excited to announce that the winner is Mathilda Holmqvist! Mathilda is a London-based, Swedish-born illustrator with a flair for creating imagery inspired by the landscapes and traditions which surround her, which might explain why her design for the Bunnahabhain label is so effective. Combining a strong narrative of the weary sailor returning home with her own distinct and welcoming style, Mathilda captured the brief perfectly while still managing to give her image plenty of her own character. Well done Mathilda!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant