Mercedes-Benz has teamed up with director Ace Norton, choreographer Homer Hans Bryant and fashion designer Sandy Liang for Midnight in Stuttgart. Shot at the German city’s Mercedes-Benz Museum, the short opens with a security guard closing the showroom. After doing his rounds, the man returns to his office and falls asleep. A group of mannequins, wearing clothes by emerging (and very talented) New York designer Sandy Liang come alive as a dance troupe. They perform a Hiplet™ dance choreographed by the hip hop ballet movement’s inventor Homer Hans Bryant, founder of the Chicago Multinational Dance Centre School and former principle dancer at the first black classical ballet, Dance Theatre of Harlem.
The short was captured by prolific Grammy-nominated filmmaker and artist Ace Norton, who has to date created over 80 music videos, adverts and shorts for clients including Vans, Coca Cola and Adidas, Gap, and soundtracked by picsters.tv.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU