One of the problems with the constant Instagram culture is that it all feels a bit disposable – images ceaselessly captured, rated, forgotten. But for their Untamed campaign, to celebrate the new CLA, Mercedes-Benz put a call for Instagram snapshots that would “tickle our senses and expand our collective horizon.” They weren’t after the stereotypical Instagram staples, they wanted images that were unique, unexpected and unusual and the best were given a second life in a digital photo installation in Paris last month.
An impressive range of imagery made the cut from optical illusions to extraordinary photographs – our only regret is that we didn’t get to experience it first hand!
This post was produced in collaboration with Mercedes.
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design