Do you remember how viscerally exciting it was when a dog got into your school? All rules were suspended, teachers lost control and the communal excitement spread through the corridors in an almost tangible way. There’s something of that heady excitement about this ace new project from Brooklyn-based studio MGMT.design which was inspired by the recent sighting of a dolphin in a New York canal.
They looked into which other weird and wonderful creatures had been on the loose in NYC in the past 10 years and the results were extraordinary – from a Bengal Tiger to a cobra, and a manatee to Prospero, the Ghost Dog of Brooklyn (really!). The studio then commissioned Thomas Wilder to produce these cool illustrations to adorn a set of wanted posters which document some of the strangest animal-based escapades The Big Apple has experienced.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?