Remember about halfway through last year there were reports of seeing strange hacked cars parked in Paris? Rumour had it that they were something to do with Michel Gondry’s latest project, but no one knew for sure. Now though, with the release of this goosebump-inducing trailer, we can know for sure that they were something to do with Gondry, and that we should be very, very excited about what is about to hit cinemas in the UK.
Mood Indigo is a film based on an old novel called L’Écume des Jours in which a man keeps his dying wife alive by constantly surrounding her with flowers. From the looks of it, this film is very romantic, very Gondry, and could be his best work to date. People are already blogging about it like crazy — one person said it seemed very much like Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind but with “a shit-load more quirk”.
Also, while you’re here, it’s probably worth watching this little animation entitled Haircut Mouse that he released to his fans as a happy 2013 present. What a guy.
- Kyle Platts and Andy Baker's animation takes us on a kaleidoscopic trip through the park
- Casper Balslev shows ballerinas wielding AK-47s in his ad for the Royal Danish Theatre
- An unusual custom typeface and great layouts for new print mag Migrant
- Bold, minimal-leaning graphic design from hot new studio Vrints-Kolsteren
- Daniel Savage’s monochrome animation plays with geometry and space
- Waverly Labs launches an earpiece that translates languages in real time
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- Milton Glaser: we talk drawing, ethics, Shakespeare and Trump with the graphic design legend
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys
- Should designers specialise early, or have a “portfolio career”?