Remember about halfway through last year there were reports of seeing strange hacked cars parked in Paris? Rumour had it that they were something to do with Michel Gondry’s latest project, but no one knew for sure. Now though, with the release of this goosebump-inducing trailer, we can know for sure that they were something to do with Gondry, and that we should be very, very excited about what is about to hit cinemas in the UK.
Mood Indigo is a film based on an old novel called L’Écume des Jours in which a man keeps his dying wife alive by constantly surrounding her with flowers. From the looks of it, this film is very romantic, very Gondry, and could be his best work to date. People are already blogging about it like crazy — one person said it seemed very much like Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind but with “a shit-load more quirk”.
Also, while you’re here, it’s probably worth watching this little animation entitled Haircut Mouse that he released to his fans as a happy 2013 present. What a guy.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language