A little late as just about every other blog has already covered the Milan Furniture Fair over the course of the last 2 weeks. Better late than never though (I had camera issues that have now been resolved), I will try and post up the stuff that might not have been seen elsewhere.
Starting with Design Express Milan , a convoy of 10 caravans, each designed by a different designer. Pictured is Plumbum (I think), he had covered the entire caravan in recycled bicycle inner tubes and the interior with wool of various colours and lengths.
- Four illustrators have their works drawn by Joto at Here 2017
- David Lewandowski’s floppy rubber bodies take over the streets of Japan
- Ella Bucknall tackles the “boy’s club” of political cartooning in her new zine, Whip
- Anna Haifisch bends the rules of comics in new floppy and oversized book, Drifter
- Illustrator Jill Senft creates fun and whimsy with her cavalcade of pink characters
- White Flag project that is tackling global division and the “growing fear of the stranger”
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos