A little late as just about every other blog has already covered the Milan Furniture Fair over the course of the last 2 weeks. Better late than never though (I had camera issues that have now been resolved), I will try and post up the stuff that might not have been seen elsewhere.
Starting with Design Express Milan , a convoy of 10 caravans, each designed by a different designer. Pictured is Plumbum (I think), he had covered the entire caravan in recycled bicycle inner tubes and the interior with wool of various colours and lengths.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?