A little late as just about every other blog has already covered the Milan Furniture Fair over the course of the last 2 weeks. Better late than never though (I had camera issues that have now been resolved), I will try and post up the stuff that might not have been seen elsewhere.
Starting with Design Express Milan , a convoy of 10 caravans, each designed by a different designer. Pictured is Plumbum (I think), he had covered the entire caravan in recycled bicycle inner tubes and the interior with wool of various colours and lengths.
- Brooklyn-based Jyan Ku’s naive pastel works are oddly charming
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again