When it comes to finishing off a yoghurt there are three types of people in this world – spoon-scrapers, pot-lickers or just the plain yoghurt-wasters. But whatever your yoghurt finishing approach, I doubt that when creating their wonderfully bizarre installation for this year’s Beijing’s Design festival the talented people at Aidia Studios could have cared less – as long as they got their 1,664 ceramic yoghurt pots to form the basis of their phenomenal light installation they were happy.
Named the MilkyWave, their light installation might sound strange but you only have to take one look to see how – with a touch of creativity – just how truly beautiful yoghurt pots can in fact be. Who’d have thought? Finding inspiration from the ceramic yogurt pot as a quintessential part of Chinese life and focusing upon the beauty found in redefining the way you view an otherwise everyday object, to say that Aidia studio are a talented bunch would be somewhat of an understatement.
Rocketing way beyond any of your yoghurt pot expectations, wildest dreams or fantasies (I think the furthest i’ve ever got is a yogurt pot bird feeder), MilkyWave is truly phenomenal installation and I for one am seriously in awe.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant