There are many great films which whatever they purport to be about, are actually about co-operation. Cool Runnings? Co-operation. Independence Day? Co-operation. Reservoir Dogs? Well you get the idea, and the Third Annual Mill Co. Exhibition is further proof that co-operation is a belting theme for creatives.
Spread throughout the organisation’s impressive new east London space The Mill Co. Project, the show takes in graphic design, photography, illustration, film, photography and sculpture with some really top-notch work on display.
Both Eleanor Marechal’s handsome visualisations of Ebenezer Howard’s Garden City principles and Florence Boyd’s darker dog-based illustration tackle urban spaces in interesting ways while the wonderfully titled sorryimworking’s Instagram photographs capture co-operation of the natural and manmade worlds.
Rhiannon Adam showcases both a beautiful illustration of a flock of swallows and a photo documentation of some of the key buildings in the history of the co-operative movement and there’s a host of great prints from the likes of Tom Frost, Claire Scully, Toby Stevens and David Hazell.
The show, which runs until November 23, is in association with The Co-operative, so it’s eye candy with a social conscience. Yes please…
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant