Typing things in capitals is hilarious, like when you write an email in caps lock by mistake and it comes out as an aggressive, incredibly loud “I’M GREAT THANKS HOW ARE YOU?” I’d like to say that this project is funny because of the capped title of HAVING A FACE but there’s much more hilarity to it than that.
Armed with only a few painted plates and a camera, Helsinki-based designer Lucas Zanotti set about transforming innocent rocks and trees in his local countryside into friendly monsters. What is it about sticking eyes on things? Just like farts and people falling over, it is consistently hilarious and should be practised more often. You can see some of Lucas’ more professional and similarly brilliant projects over at his site.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language