Typing things in capitals is hilarious, like when you write an email in caps lock by mistake and it comes out as an aggressive, incredibly loud “I’M GREAT THANKS HOW ARE YOU?” I’d like to say that this project is funny because of the capped title of HAVING A FACE but there’s much more hilarity to it than that.
Armed with only a few painted plates and a camera, Helsinki-based designer Lucas Zanotti set about transforming innocent rocks and trees in his local countryside into friendly monsters. What is it about sticking eyes on things? Just like farts and people falling over, it is consistently hilarious and should be practised more often. You can see some of Lucas’ more professional and similarly brilliant projects over at his site.
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale