Typing things in capitals is hilarious, like when you write an email in caps lock by mistake and it comes out as an aggressive, incredibly loud “I’M GREAT THANKS HOW ARE YOU?” I’d like to say that this project is funny because of the capped title of HAVING A FACE but there’s much more hilarity to it than that.
Armed with only a few painted plates and a camera, Helsinki-based designer Lucas Zanotti set about transforming innocent rocks and trees in his local countryside into friendly monsters. What is it about sticking eyes on things? Just like farts and people falling over, it is consistently hilarious and should be practised more often. You can see some of Lucas’ more professional and similarly brilliant projects over at his site.
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli