I didn’t know exactly who Conan O’Brien was really until last night. Turns out this flame-haired funny man helped create the The Simpsons with a bunch of other super-intelligent and hilarious men back in the day. Conan’s wry humour is the magic behind countless episodes, perhaps most notably the monorail episode, which he says in this film was inspired by, well, riding on a monorail.
What’s so great about seeing all these great guys chewing the fat around a table just as they did years ago is not just getting insider jokes and stories that are gold to any Simpsons fan (everyone) but just seeing all these old pals reunite to do what old pals do best: mercilessly taking the piss out of each other and reminiscing on the G.O.O.D times.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”