Using ink and a minimalistic style, Daehyun Kim has created a distinctive, individual identity with his drawings that mark themselves out as his own the moment any viewer spreads their eyes over them. And just like butter melting over warm toast, these drawings are elegant, simple and highly evocative. But let’s stop salivating, pull focus, and get to the jam.
Creating an identity through style, Daehyun also concentrates the thematic connotations found within his work on the identity of people, expressing their everyday thoughts and feelings in concise metaphorical ways. In this sense, each piece visually denotes recognisable human traits, conditions and situations – often contrasting oppositions between two characters so as to provide a narrative that explores the mind, situation and ideas.
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf