“If I were a dog would you let me bury my boner in your back garden?” is one of the opening lines of the new Layzell Bros animation which, like everything else they’ve ever made, is an example of what all animation should be like: puerile and neon yet still subtly hilarious and clever.
This two and half minute short is a collaboration with ADHD (or Animation Domination High Def) which is basically FOX Network’s naughty little cousin, that has brought you so many hilarious shorts that it’s almost too good to be real. Is there anyone amazing and hilarious and clever and cool that the Layzell Bros aren’t collaborating with at the moment? If there is, get in touch with them now, it’ll only do you good. So stop wasting your time reading this and get to the good stuff, by which I mean dog willies, avatars, and some of the vest voiceovers you’ll hear in a while.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale