Mossless is an independent photography publication started by Romke Hoogwaerts in 2009. His intention was to interview a photographer every other day and eventually compile a book once he’d amassed enough interviews.
In 2012 he printed the first edition, a beautiful photographic zine contained within a silkscreen box that featured the work of some phenomenally talented photographers, including Brea Souders and Bobby Doherty; the whole thing funded on Kickstarter.
They’ve produced another issue since, but now Romke and his girlfriend Grace have set the bar incredibly high for Mossless’ third edition, focussing on images found online taken in the USA over last decade. It brings together the work of over 100 photographers, from Emiliano Granado to Harry Griffin, Kate Peters to Corey Olsen and will be bound into a thick compendium of anthropological intrigue.
As ever though, independent publishing is an expensive pursuit, and Romke is on the hunt to fund this third issue with the help of people like us – smart, funny, creatively-minded folks. So watch the video, look at the pictures, take out your wallets and head over to Kickstarter to get this beautiful book made!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant