Mossless is an independent photography publication started by Romke Hoogwaerts in 2009. His intention was to interview a photographer every other day and eventually compile a book once he’d amassed enough interviews.
In 2012 he printed the first edition, a beautiful photographic zine contained within a silkscreen box that featured the work of some phenomenally talented photographers, including Brea Souders and Bobby Doherty; the whole thing funded on Kickstarter.
They’ve produced another issue since, but now Romke and his girlfriend Grace have set the bar incredibly high for Mossless’ third edition, focussing on images found online taken in the USA over last decade. It brings together the work of over 100 photographers, from Emiliano Granado to Harry Griffin, Kate Peters to Corey Olsen and will be bound into a thick compendium of anthropological intrigue.
As ever though, independent publishing is an expensive pursuit, and Romke is on the hunt to fund this third issue with the help of people like us – smart, funny, creatively-minded folks. So watch the video, look at the pictures, take out your wallets and head over to Kickstarter to get this beautiful book made!
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Upcoming Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition pairs key works with his daughter’s designs
- The brilliant Mat Maitland is back with more luxuriously surreal collages
- We chat to Snøhetta about designing banknotes, studio rituals and the problems with civic commissions
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Candy colours, surreal scenes and unconventional couples in Bex Day's Manic Ovation series
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography