Mossless is an independent photography publication started by Romke Hoogwaerts in 2009. His intention was to interview a photographer every other day and eventually compile a book once he’d amassed enough interviews.
In 2012 he printed the first edition, a beautiful photographic zine contained within a silkscreen box that featured the work of some phenomenally talented photographers, including Brea Souders and Bobby Doherty; the whole thing funded on Kickstarter.
They’ve produced another issue since, but now Romke and his girlfriend Grace have set the bar incredibly high for Mossless’ third edition, focussing on images found online taken in the USA over last decade. It brings together the work of over 100 photographers, from Emiliano Granado to Harry Griffin, Kate Peters to Corey Olsen and will be bound into a thick compendium of anthropological intrigue.
As ever though, independent publishing is an expensive pursuit, and Romke is on the hunt to fund this third issue with the help of people like us – smart, funny, creatively-minded folks. So watch the video, look at the pictures, take out your wallets and head over to Kickstarter to get this beautiful book made!
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale