“Last year I sent a postcard to a stranger called Jonathan Hopkins. It said on it ‘Fuck you Jonathan, fuck you and fuck your shit legs’.” So begins Mr Bingo’s manifesto of meanness; the illustrator has been hard at work churning out those brief, hilarious insults with accompanying drawings, so that you can skip that daily dose of self-administered loathing and order for it to be delivered to your doormat, in postcard-form, from a stranger instead!
He has since sent over 550 of these angry little notes, gathered them all up together into this wee book and, as of today, an accompanying exhibition in east London. Even better, individual pieces of Hate Mail will be available for visitors to get their hands on at the exhibition tonight, so that everybody can take home a super-entertaining souvenir to keep on their fridge, to remind them they are a complete failure and they’re never going to amount to anything (well nobody likes a vain old big-head, now, do they?).
Hate Mail is at KK Outlet from June 6 until June 29.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”