“Last year I sent a postcard to a stranger called Jonathan Hopkins. It said on it ‘Fuck you Jonathan, fuck you and fuck your shit legs’.” So begins Mr Bingo’s manifesto of meanness; the illustrator has been hard at work churning out those brief, hilarious insults with accompanying drawings, so that you can skip that daily dose of self-administered loathing and order for it to be delivered to your doormat, in postcard-form, from a stranger instead!
He has since sent over 550 of these angry little notes, gathered them all up together into this wee book and, as of today, an accompanying exhibition in east London. Even better, individual pieces of Hate Mail will be available for visitors to get their hands on at the exhibition tonight, so that everybody can take home a super-entertaining souvenir to keep on their fridge, to remind them they are a complete failure and they’re never going to amount to anything (well nobody likes a vain old big-head, now, do they?).
Hate Mail is at KK Outlet from June 6 until June 29.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team