“Last year I sent a postcard to a stranger called Jonathan Hopkins. It said on it ‘Fuck you Jonathan, fuck you and fuck your shit legs’.” So begins Mr Bingo’s manifesto of meanness; the illustrator has been hard at work churning out those brief, hilarious insults with accompanying drawings, so that you can skip that daily dose of self-administered loathing and order for it to be delivered to your doormat, in postcard-form, from a stranger instead!
He has since sent over 550 of these angry little notes, gathered them all up together into this wee book and, as of today, an accompanying exhibition in east London. Even better, individual pieces of Hate Mail will be available for visitors to get their hands on at the exhibition tonight, so that everybody can take home a super-entertaining souvenir to keep on their fridge, to remind them they are a complete failure and they’re never going to amount to anything (well nobody likes a vain old big-head, now, do they?).
Hate Mail is at KK Outlet from June 6 until June 29.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf