When he’s not recruiting Twitter trolls to go after his many plagiarists, Bingo is taking full advantage of the “here is a ten-minute window to buy something…GO!” technique. For a small fee, Bingo will take an old – usually quite hilarious – postcard, and on the back inscribe a brief, insulting message, often containing some sort of horrible picture which is then mailed to whoever coughs up the cash. I myself have succumbed to the charm of Bingo’s Hate Mail, and you know what? The day a postcard arrived for me calling me a “Total Bastard” kind of made my week. Now he’s made about 400 of these insulting pieces of post fodder, they have been collated in book-form in a publication that Bingo describes as “A book about telling strangers to f*ck off” and has to be the best stocking-filler ever created.
When asked if he had ever received any hate mail of his own, Bingo told us: “It’s not strictly hate mail, but when I was in halls of residence in my first year of university, someone wrote ‘F*CK YOU’ in permanent marker on my bedroom door. I never found out who it was!”
Catch up with the wonderful man himself at his book launch and signing at Camden Town Brewery on October 25 and if that isn’t enough to tempt you, Bingo will be serving his own Ltd Edition Hate Ale, made with Camden Brewery. More details here.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)