When he’s not recruiting Twitter trolls to go after his many plagiarists, Bingo is taking full advantage of the “here is a ten-minute window to buy something…GO!” technique. For a small fee, Bingo will take an old – usually quite hilarious – postcard, and on the back inscribe a brief, insulting message, often containing some sort of horrible picture which is then mailed to whoever coughs up the cash. I myself have succumbed to the charm of Bingo’s Hate Mail, and you know what? The day a postcard arrived for me calling me a “Total Bastard” kind of made my week. Now he’s made about 400 of these insulting pieces of post fodder, they have been collated in book-form in a publication that Bingo describes as “A book about telling strangers to f*ck off” and has to be the best stocking-filler ever created.
When asked if he had ever received any hate mail of his own, Bingo told us: “It’s not strictly hate mail, but when I was in halls of residence in my first year of university, someone wrote ‘F*CK YOU’ in permanent marker on my bedroom door. I never found out who it was!”
Catch up with the wonderful man himself at his book launch and signing at Camden Town Brewery on October 25 and if that isn’t enough to tempt you, Bingo will be serving his own Ltd Edition Hate Ale, made with Camden Brewery. More details here.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations