When he’s not recruiting Twitter trolls to go after his many plagiarists, Bingo is taking full advantage of the “here is a ten-minute window to buy something…GO!” technique. For a small fee, Bingo will take an old – usually quite hilarious – postcard, and on the back inscribe a brief, insulting message, often containing some sort of horrible picture which is then mailed to whoever coughs up the cash. I myself have succumbed to the charm of Bingo’s Hate Mail, and you know what? The day a postcard arrived for me calling me a “Total Bastard” kind of made my week. Now he’s made about 400 of these insulting pieces of post fodder, they have been collated in book-form in a publication that Bingo describes as “A book about telling strangers to f*ck off” and has to be the best stocking-filler ever created.
When asked if he had ever received any hate mail of his own, Bingo told us: “It’s not strictly hate mail, but when I was in halls of residence in my first year of university, someone wrote ‘F*CK YOU’ in permanent marker on my bedroom door. I never found out who it was!”
Catch up with the wonderful man himself at his book launch and signing at Camden Town Brewery on October 25 and if that isn’t enough to tempt you, Bingo will be serving his own Ltd Edition Hate Ale, made with Camden Brewery. More details here.
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web