Toot toot! We are very, very excited to announce that we will be media partners of this year’s Secret 7" competition! If you don’t already know, Secret 7" is a project in aid of War Child that, for the past two years, has taken some of the world’s best songs and asked people to design record sleeves for specially printed vinyl.
The 700 or so records are then displayed in a sellout exhibition in Mother London where they can be bought for £45 each on Record Store Day. The only catch being that the buyer will not know which song they are buying, or who created the sleeve until they get it home and play it. Could be a rare Black Sabbath track with artwork designed by your favourite illustrator, could be that band you’ve always detested drawn by Dave from down the road. Either way, this is a spectacular project that is putting great things out into the world, and we can’t wait to accompany them on their third voyage.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to design some artwork for Secret 7"? If so, apply via their site to be in with a chance of being part of this fantastic exhibition and a great cause.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf