Toot toot! We are very, very excited to announce that we will be media partners of this year’s Secret 7" competition! If you don’t already know, Secret 7" is a project in aid of War Child that, for the past two years, has taken some of the world’s best songs and asked people to design record sleeves for specially printed vinyl.
The 700 or so records are then displayed in a sellout exhibition in Mother London where they can be bought for £45 each on Record Store Day. The only catch being that the buyer will not know which song they are buying, or who created the sleeve until they get it home and play it. Could be a rare Black Sabbath track with artwork designed by your favourite illustrator, could be that band you’ve always detested drawn by Dave from down the road. Either way, this is a spectacular project that is putting great things out into the world, and we can’t wait to accompany them on their third voyage.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to design some artwork for Secret 7"? If so, apply via their site to be in with a chance of being part of this fantastic exhibition and a great cause.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August