Toot toot! We are very, very excited to announce that we will be media partners of this year’s Secret 7" competition! If you don’t already know, Secret 7" is a project in aid of War Child that, for the past two years, has taken some of the world’s best songs and asked people to design record sleeves for specially printed vinyl.
The 700 or so records are then displayed in a sellout exhibition in Mother London where they can be bought for £45 each on Record Store Day. The only catch being that the buyer will not know which song they are buying, or who created the sleeve until they get it home and play it. Could be a rare Black Sabbath track with artwork designed by your favourite illustrator, could be that band you’ve always detested drawn by Dave from down the road. Either way, this is a spectacular project that is putting great things out into the world, and we can’t wait to accompany them on their third voyage.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to design some artwork for Secret 7"? If so, apply via their site to be in with a chance of being part of this fantastic exhibition and a great cause.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant