Toot toot! We are very, very excited to announce that we will be media partners of this year’s Secret 7" competition! If you don’t already know, Secret 7" is a project in aid of War Child that, for the past two years, has taken some of the world’s best songs and asked people to design record sleeves for specially printed vinyl.
The 700 or so records are then displayed in a sellout exhibition in Mother London where they can be bought for £45 each on Record Store Day. The only catch being that the buyer will not know which song they are buying, or who created the sleeve until they get it home and play it. Could be a rare Black Sabbath track with artwork designed by your favourite illustrator, could be that band you’ve always detested drawn by Dave from down the road. Either way, this is a spectacular project that is putting great things out into the world, and we can’t wait to accompany them on their third voyage.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to design some artwork for Secret 7"? If so, apply via their site to be in with a chance of being part of this fantastic exhibition and a great cause.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages