This video won’t mean much to people who haven’t seen Clueless, unless you’re really into Iggy’s music. I am not, so I turned the volume down and put on Kids in America by The Muffs to really get into the tartan, 90s vibes of my salad days. As a big Clueless fan I’ll admit that I was wary of this homage to the 90s teen film to rule all 90s teen films, but it’s amazing! It’s like Director X has actually raided the costume cupboard from that era (surely they did, you cannot just go and replicate that big plastic hat that Dionne wears).
From the dodgy house party they go to in the valley to the high school the film is set in, the attention to detail in this pastiche is nothing short of breathtaking. I guess with all the 90s stuff being all trendy right now somebody had to do it, but I did not expect it to be done this well. What pains me is that the young kids of today who watch this won’t even understand which film this music video is a reliable homage to. Imagine!
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)