This video won’t mean much to people who haven’t seen Clueless, unless you’re really into Iggy’s music. I am not, so I turned the volume down and put on Kids in America by The Muffs to really get into the tartan, 90s vibes of my salad days. As a big Clueless fan I’ll admit that I was wary of this homage to the 90s teen film to rule all 90s teen films, but it’s amazing! It’s like Director X has actually raided the costume cupboard from that era (surely they did, you cannot just go and replicate that big plastic hat that Dionne wears).
From the dodgy house party they go to in the valley to the high school the film is set in, the attention to detail in this pastiche is nothing short of breathtaking. I guess with all the 90s stuff being all trendy right now somebody had to do it, but I did not expect it to be done this well. What pains me is that the young kids of today who watch this won’t even understand which film this music video is a reliable homage to. Imagine!
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- Zhang Liang's cartoons sum up American pop culture
- Ira Ivanova designs vibrant wristband-inspired identity for Moscow music festival
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations