This video won’t mean much to people who haven’t seen Clueless, unless you’re really into Iggy’s music. I am not, so I turned the volume down and put on Kids in America by The Muffs to really get into the tartan, 90s vibes of my salad days. As a big Clueless fan I’ll admit that I was wary of this homage to the 90s teen film to rule all 90s teen films, but it’s amazing! It’s like Director X has actually raided the costume cupboard from that era (surely they did, you cannot just go and replicate that big plastic hat that Dionne wears).
From the dodgy house party they go to in the valley to the high school the film is set in, the attention to detail in this pastiche is nothing short of breathtaking. I guess with all the 90s stuff being all trendy right now somebody had to do it, but I did not expect it to be done this well. What pains me is that the young kids of today who watch this won’t even understand which film this music video is a reliable homage to. Imagine!
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"