Boy are you in for a treat this morning! Who gives a shit about getting Valentine’s cards this week when you’ve got loveable, legendary French rogue Michel Gondry presenting you with a brand new music video for Metronomy’s Love Letters? Just when you thought he’d hung up his music-video hat for a lifetime and moved on to bigger projects, Michel is back in our lives with a brand new classic.
The video is Gondry through and through, it’s his trademark hand-painted sets with long takes following the band through a cardboard, cartoon-like dream world. Metronomy’s track, Love Letters, is a punchy, loud celebration of love and the craft of music and, unlike in most other Metronomy tracks, the whole band (in their matching maroon outfits) come together to belt out the catchy chorus. Could this be a new classic like the Gondry videos of yore that have inspired thousands, maybe millions of people? I think so. Let us all hold hands and give thanks for Michel, Metronomy, and music.
If you’re a big Gondry fan and you fancy a one in a lifetime chance to speak to the man himself, join a Google+ hangout tomorrow with him and Adam Buxton where they will be answering questions from the public about all things music video-related. The hangout will be streamed live from the official Metronomy YouTube channel here. See you there!
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August