Boy are you in for a treat this morning! Who gives a shit about getting Valentine’s cards this week when you’ve got loveable, legendary French rogue Michel Gondry presenting you with a brand new music video for Metronomy’s Love Letters? Just when you thought he’d hung up his music-video hat for a lifetime and moved on to bigger projects, Michel is back in our lives with a brand new classic.
The video is Gondry through and through, it’s his trademark hand-painted sets with long takes following the band through a cardboard, cartoon-like dream world. Metronomy’s track, Love Letters, is a punchy, loud celebration of love and the craft of music and, unlike in most other Metronomy tracks, the whole band (in their matching maroon outfits) come together to belt out the catchy chorus. Could this be a new classic like the Gondry videos of yore that have inspired thousands, maybe millions of people? I think so. Let us all hold hands and give thanks for Michel, Metronomy, and music.
If you’re a big Gondry fan and you fancy a one in a lifetime chance to speak to the man himself, join a Google+ hangout tomorrow with him and Adam Buxton where they will be answering questions from the public about all things music video-related. The hangout will be streamed live from the official Metronomy YouTube channel here. See you there!
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant