Boy are you in for a treat this morning! Who gives a shit about getting Valentine’s cards this week when you’ve got loveable, legendary French rogue Michel Gondry presenting you with a brand new music video for Metronomy’s Love Letters? Just when you thought he’d hung up his music-video hat for a lifetime and moved on to bigger projects, Michel is back in our lives with a brand new classic.
The video is Gondry through and through, it’s his trademark hand-painted sets with long takes following the band through a cardboard, cartoon-like dream world. Metronomy’s track, Love Letters, is a punchy, loud celebration of love and the craft of music and, unlike in most other Metronomy tracks, the whole band (in their matching maroon outfits) come together to belt out the catchy chorus. Could this be a new classic like the Gondry videos of yore that have inspired thousands, maybe millions of people? I think so. Let us all hold hands and give thanks for Michel, Metronomy, and music.
If you’re a big Gondry fan and you fancy a one in a lifetime chance to speak to the man himself, join a Google+ hangout tomorrow with him and Adam Buxton where they will be answering questions from the public about all things music video-related. The hangout will be streamed live from the official Metronomy YouTube channel here. See you there!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations