Boy are you in for a treat this morning! Who gives a shit about getting Valentine’s cards this week when you’ve got loveable, legendary French rogue Michel Gondry presenting you with a brand new music video for Metronomy’s Love Letters? Just when you thought he’d hung up his music-video hat for a lifetime and moved on to bigger projects, Michel is back in our lives with a brand new classic.
The video is Gondry through and through, it’s his trademark hand-painted sets with long takes following the band through a cardboard, cartoon-like dream world. Metronomy’s track, Love Letters, is a punchy, loud celebration of love and the craft of music and, unlike in most other Metronomy tracks, the whole band (in their matching maroon outfits) come together to belt out the catchy chorus. Could this be a new classic like the Gondry videos of yore that have inspired thousands, maybe millions of people? I think so. Let us all hold hands and give thanks for Michel, Metronomy, and music.
If you’re a big Gondry fan and you fancy a one in a lifetime chance to speak to the man himself, join a Google+ hangout tomorrow with him and Adam Buxton where they will be answering questions from the public about all things music video-related. The hangout will be streamed live from the official Metronomy YouTube channel here. See you there!
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood