If I was ever asked to compile a complete taxonomy of body parts ranked in order of preference, I would probably question what my life had become. But then when I got cracking it’s fair to say that fingernails would feature towards the bottom of my list, down there with their toe-y counterparts and underarm hair. But this kind of imagination failure is why I’m not a brilliant illustrator, and MVM, aka Magnus Voll Mathiassen, is. He not only saw a certain beauty in fingernails, he built an entire new project around them and the results are superb, using his trademark vibrant colour palette to create an unlikely anatomical star.
I was lucky enough to meet Magnus when he was in London for the opening of the wonderful Hugo & Marie show at KK Outlet and I can confirm he is a throughly nice chap with a dark, dark taste in music. He also tells me that this may be the start of a series based on various body parts, so watch this space!
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs