If I was ever asked to compile a complete taxonomy of body parts ranked in order of preference, I would probably question what my life had become. But then when I got cracking it’s fair to say that fingernails would feature towards the bottom of my list, down there with their toe-y counterparts and underarm hair. But this kind of imagination failure is why I’m not a brilliant illustrator, and MVM, aka Magnus Voll Mathiassen, is. He not only saw a certain beauty in fingernails, he built an entire new project around them and the results are superb, using his trademark vibrant colour palette to create an unlikely anatomical star.
I was lucky enough to meet Magnus when he was in London for the opening of the wonderful Hugo & Marie show at KK Outlet and I can confirm he is a throughly nice chap with a dark, dark taste in music. He also tells me that this may be the start of a series based on various body parts, so watch this space!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016