I could try and explain this to you using some wacky It’s Nice That jargon, but to be honest the blurb beneath Tom Jobbins incredible mixed-media video sums it up better than I ever could. “In 1977 NASA sent a Golden Record into space. It encapsulated the greatest achievements of humanity, and included photographs of its species. One of these photos is of Larry, he hopes this will propel him to
the status of Earth Ambassador. This is Larry’s intergalactic story of life and love.” And what a story! Tom is seriously good at animation, so to combine this talent with the tale of humans catapulting a golden record of their achievements into the stratosphere is a winning combo. Definitely worth a watch!
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?