Not long ago we featured a man on the site who possessed such a mighty creative power that he moved us all deeply and it was generally acknowledged around the studio that he was an illustration sensation. His name was Nathaniel Russell. At that time he was preparing for a show in Paris that some friends of ours made an arduous 16 hour bus journey to attend, and by all accounts it was a most excellent show (we feel like damned fools for not getting on that bus with them).
Last night he launched another show of new work in New York, Instant Dust, that we were similarly aggrieved not to be attending. To placate ourselves, and those of you unfortunate enough not to reside in New York, we’ve got some shots of the work on display to serve as a little reminder of exactly why we’re so keen on Mr Russell and his friendly visual world. Anyone actually living in New York be warned, this is not one to miss so get down to the Ed Varie gallery or forever regret it.
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations