Ah, the good old days. Long hot summers when penny chews actually cost a penny – life was sweeter back then. Apparently you were also able to ride an ostrich, and park your horse at a parking meter, or so this amazing collection would have us believe. National Geographic have set up a Tumblr to show off unarchived photographs for us all to see – many of which have never been published. A compelling insight into past cultures, and how people went about their leisure time. What a ruddy brilliant idea!
So, happy birthday National Geographic! We love you!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”