Ah, the good old days. Long hot summers when penny chews actually cost a penny – life was sweeter back then. Apparently you were also able to ride an ostrich, and park your horse at a parking meter, or so this amazing collection would have us believe. National Geographic have set up a Tumblr to show off unarchived photographs for us all to see – many of which have never been published. A compelling insight into past cultures, and how people went about their leisure time. What a ruddy brilliant idea!
So, happy birthday National Geographic! We love you!
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books