Ah, the good old days. Long hot summers when penny chews actually cost a penny – life was sweeter back then. Apparently you were also able to ride an ostrich, and park your horse at a parking meter, or so this amazing collection would have us believe. National Geographic have set up a Tumblr to show off unarchived photographs for us all to see – many of which have never been published. A compelling insight into past cultures, and how people went about their leisure time. What a ruddy brilliant idea!
So, happy birthday National Geographic! We love you!
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"