Ah, the good old days. Long hot summers when penny chews actually cost a penny – life was sweeter back then. Apparently you were also able to ride an ostrich, and park your horse at a parking meter, or so this amazing collection would have us believe. National Geographic have set up a Tumblr to show off unarchived photographs for us all to see – many of which have never been published. A compelling insight into past cultures, and how people went about their leisure time. What a ruddy brilliant idea!
So, happy birthday National Geographic! We love you!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages