One Nicer Tuesdays down, many more to go, and for the second edition of our new Tuesday night event (it really is the new Wednesday you know) we’ve lined up another sweet list of speakers to entertain and illuminate you with their professional insights – you can get your hands on tickets right now!
This time we’re looking at collaborations and the areas in which disciplines, interests and personalities intersect. With that in mind we’ve invited long-time collaborators and the brains behind Eye magazine, Simon Esterson and John Walters, animation partners and actual, real-life brothers The Layzell Bros, architectural wünderkinds Studio Weave with their sometime illustrating collaborators Nous Vous and one of Wieden + Kennedy’s youngest creative partnerships, Freddie and Hollie (remember 3’s moonwalking pony? that was them). Each team will be collaborating on their very own ten-minute talk in which they’ll enlighten and inform us about their working practice.
It wouldn’t be Nicer Tuesdays without a wildcard element though, so in the spirit of adventure we’ll once again be inviting one attendee to give a three minute talk on this month’s theme. Think you can handle it?
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday May 28 at Shoreditch Studios for some top-quality talks and a handful of beers. Also, we might not have mentioned this before but we serve some of the best popcorn in town, so make sure you don’t miss out!
- The It’s Nice That Podcast: Discussing the form and function of money
- Spanish studio Creanet pushes the form of the magazine with its latest project
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know