One Nicer Tuesdays down, many more to go, and for the second edition of our new Tuesday night event (it really is the new Wednesday you know) we’ve lined up another sweet list of speakers to entertain and illuminate you with their professional insights – you can get your hands on tickets right now!
This time we’re looking at collaborations and the areas in which disciplines, interests and personalities intersect. With that in mind we’ve invited long-time collaborators and the brains behind Eye magazine, Simon Esterson and John Walters, animation partners and actual, real-life brothers The Layzell Bros, architectural wünderkinds Studio Weave with their sometime illustrating collaborators Nous Vous and one of Wieden + Kennedy’s youngest creative partnerships, Freddie and Hollie (remember 3’s moonwalking pony? that was them). Each team will be collaborating on their very own ten-minute talk in which they’ll enlighten and inform us about their working practice.
It wouldn’t be Nicer Tuesdays without a wildcard element though, so in the spirit of adventure we’ll once again be inviting one attendee to give a three minute talk on this month’s theme. Think you can handle it?
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday May 28 at Shoreditch Studios for some top-quality talks and a handful of beers. Also, we might not have mentioned this before but we serve some of the best popcorn in town, so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Smart, funny and expertly executed party posters from German designer Mark Bohle
- Vice, despair and a bafflingly fertile imagination from Brooklyn-based Milton Melvin Croissant III
- A focus on typography in Ghent-based designer Corbin Mahieu's updated portfolio
- The joyously risqué work of Toronto-based illustrator Ness Lee
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Tomáš Kral’s nostalgic 3D short slapstick dragon slaying animation series
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web