One Nicer Tuesdays down, many more to go, and for the second edition of our new Tuesday night event (it really is the new Wednesday you know) we’ve lined up another sweet list of speakers to entertain and illuminate you with their professional insights – you can get your hands on tickets right now!
This time we’re looking at collaborations and the areas in which disciplines, interests and personalities intersect. With that in mind we’ve invited long-time collaborators and the brains behind Eye magazine, Simon Esterson and John Walters, animation partners and actual, real-life brothers The Layzell Bros, architectural wünderkinds Studio Weave with their sometime illustrating collaborators Nous Vous and one of Wieden + Kennedy’s youngest creative partnerships, Freddie and Hollie (remember 3’s moonwalking pony? that was them). Each team will be collaborating on their very own ten-minute talk in which they’ll enlighten and inform us about their working practice.
It wouldn’t be Nicer Tuesdays without a wildcard element though, so in the spirit of adventure we’ll once again be inviting one attendee to give a three minute talk on this month’s theme. Think you can handle it?
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday May 28 at Shoreditch Studios for some top-quality talks and a handful of beers. Also, we might not have mentioned this before but we serve some of the best popcorn in town, so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting