One Nicer Tuesdays down, many more to go, and for the second edition of our new Tuesday night event (it really is the new Wednesday you know) we’ve lined up another sweet list of speakers to entertain and illuminate you with their professional insights – you can get your hands on tickets right now!
This time we’re looking at collaborations and the areas in which disciplines, interests and personalities intersect. With that in mind we’ve invited long-time collaborators and the brains behind Eye magazine, Simon Esterson and John Walters, animation partners and actual, real-life brothers The Layzell Bros, architectural wünderkinds Studio Weave with their sometime illustrating collaborators Nous Vous and one of Wieden + Kennedy’s youngest creative partnerships, Freddie and Hollie (remember 3’s moonwalking pony? that was them). Each team will be collaborating on their very own ten-minute talk in which they’ll enlighten and inform us about their working practice.
It wouldn’t be Nicer Tuesdays without a wildcard element though, so in the spirit of adventure we’ll once again be inviting one attendee to give a three minute talk on this month’s theme. Think you can handle it?
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday May 28 at Shoreditch Studios for some top-quality talks and a handful of beers. Also, we might not have mentioned this before but we serve some of the best popcorn in town, so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- A sublime update of work from photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes
- Brand Union discusses the merits and pitfalls of the design process behind the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo
- Baker and Alex Simpson’s film on the legacy of modernist architect Wells Coates
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery