For all the magpies among you that need to decorate the squishy brain nest just behind your beaks, flock frantically around these bright beauties! Nick Franks’ architectural photography project Mira got us all a-flutter with excitement as soon as we laid our beady little eyes on it and it seems to get better and better with every viewing. Like Matthias Heiderich Nick’s work takes something relatively humdrum and transforms it into a thing of breathtaking purity.
Mira was shot in Munich and the amazing visuals captured are actually of the back of a very standard looking shopping centre. We’re very glad that Nick ventured beyond the lure of coffee, fridge magnets, tank-tops, and all the other wonderful things available in shopping centres these days because he’s created images of real beauty, effectively utilising angles and light which highlight the spectrum of colours in the best possible way.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs