Hypothetically, in a world in which I own more than twelve items of clothing, it might become essential for me to visit a dry cleaner to have my extensive collection of sartorial items tended to by an expert; returned to my care smelling of a fresh, piny hillside, or the indescribable freshness of a cool running stream. In this hypothetical world – where my moth-eaten sweaters are replaced by shirts of fine egyptian cotton – I’d probably be looking for someone like Nordic House to take care of my threads. They’re a San Franciscan laundry shop that have yet to open their doors but have already been given the executive branding treatment by Anagrama design studio.
Of their fine work Anagrama say, “Our approach to Nordic House’s branding was focused on Scandinavian design, combining simple geometric forms with a clean, sharp, well-distributed logotype and an icy, cold colour palette. Snowy white, chilly grey, pine needle green and fresh salmon combine to create a cool nordic landscape complete with its pure, immaculate and undisguised scents.” I agree. Although, what the hell do I know, this is the real world and my two shirts are creased and stained with wine.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”