Here’s a project that warms the creative cockles. Designers Michael Willows and Wayne Trevor Townsend, who between them make up Not on Sunday, have launched their first publication – a magazine with a worthy cause as well as beautiful design. The concept is based around giving one day back and designers, artists, typographers, and illustrators from the UK and Ghana came together collaboratively to produce a poster inspired by the figures 24/6.
Inside you’ll find swathes of treats including work by lecturer and typographer Jim Williams who authored Type Matters!, Designer Paul Felton of Purpose, Illustrator and surface designer Hollie Brown and John Hudson who spoke at TYPO Berlin 2012. The publication doesn’t lose momentum, never compromises aesthetics and is ethically sound, directing all profits made from the book and prints towards the Olive Tree Praise Foundation which organises activities for children affected by crisis and conflict in Ghana and Africa more broadly.
From everyone at It’s Nice That HQ, we collectively tip our hats to everyone who contributed and made this publication a reality, a reality that uses creativity to ease suffering and make the world a better, more beautiful place.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August