Here’s a project that warms the creative cockles. Designers Michael Willows and Wayne Trevor Townsend, who between them make up Not on Sunday, have launched their first publication – a magazine with a worthy cause as well as beautiful design. The concept is based around giving one day back and designers, artists, typographers, and illustrators from the UK and Ghana came together collaboratively to produce a poster inspired by the figures 24/6.
Inside you’ll find swathes of treats including work by lecturer and typographer Jim Williams who authored Type Matters!, Designer Paul Felton of Purpose, Illustrator and surface designer Hollie Brown and John Hudson who spoke at TYPO Berlin 2012. The publication doesn’t lose momentum, never compromises aesthetics and is ethically sound, directing all profits made from the book and prints towards the Olive Tree Praise Foundation which organises activities for children affected by crisis and conflict in Ghana and Africa more broadly.
From everyone at It’s Nice That HQ, we collectively tip our hats to everyone who contributed and made this publication a reality, a reality that uses creativity to ease suffering and make the world a better, more beautiful place.
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Bureau David Voss creates Bauhaus-inspired book about modern housekeeping
- Designer Darius Ou Dahao visualises links between art and law in this artist’s catalogue
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant