Here’s a project that warms the creative cockles. Designers Michael Willows and Wayne Trevor Townsend, who between them make up Not on Sunday, have launched their first publication – a magazine with a worthy cause as well as beautiful design. The concept is based around giving one day back and designers, artists, typographers, and illustrators from the UK and Ghana came together collaboratively to produce a poster inspired by the figures 24/6.
Inside you’ll find swathes of treats including work by lecturer and typographer Jim Williams who authored Type Matters!, Designer Paul Felton of Purpose, Illustrator and surface designer Hollie Brown and John Hudson who spoke at TYPO Berlin 2012. The publication doesn’t lose momentum, never compromises aesthetics and is ethically sound, directing all profits made from the book and prints towards the Olive Tree Praise Foundation which organises activities for children affected by crisis and conflict in Ghana and Africa more broadly.
From everyone at It’s Nice That HQ, we collectively tip our hats to everyone who contributed and made this publication a reality, a reality that uses creativity to ease suffering and make the world a better, more beautiful place.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting