Here’s a project that warms the creative cockles. Designers Michael Willows and Wayne Trevor Townsend, who between them make up Not on Sunday, have launched their first publication – a magazine with a worthy cause as well as beautiful design. The concept is based around giving one day back and designers, artists, typographers, and illustrators from the UK and Ghana came together collaboratively to produce a poster inspired by the figures 24/6.
Inside you’ll find swathes of treats including work by lecturer and typographer Jim Williams who authored Type Matters!, Designer Paul Felton of Purpose, Illustrator and surface designer Hollie Brown and John Hudson who spoke at TYPO Berlin 2012. The publication doesn’t lose momentum, never compromises aesthetics and is ethically sound, directing all profits made from the book and prints towards the Olive Tree Praise Foundation which organises activities for children affected by crisis and conflict in Ghana and Africa more broadly.
From everyone at It’s Nice That HQ, we collectively tip our hats to everyone who contributed and made this publication a reality, a reality that uses creativity to ease suffering and make the world a better, more beautiful place.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team