Here’s a project that warms the creative cockles. Designers Michael Willows and Wayne Trevor Townsend, who between them make up Not on Sunday, have launched their first publication – a magazine with a worthy cause as well as beautiful design. The concept is based around giving one day back and designers, artists, typographers, and illustrators from the UK and Ghana came together collaboratively to produce a poster inspired by the figures 24/6.
Inside you’ll find swathes of treats including work by lecturer and typographer Jim Williams who authored Type Matters!, Designer Paul Felton of Purpose, Illustrator and surface designer Hollie Brown and John Hudson who spoke at TYPO Berlin 2012. The publication doesn’t lose momentum, never compromises aesthetics and is ethically sound, directing all profits made from the book and prints towards the Olive Tree Praise Foundation which organises activities for children affected by crisis and conflict in Ghana and Africa more broadly.
From everyone at It’s Nice That HQ, we collectively tip our hats to everyone who contributed and made this publication a reality, a reality that uses creativity to ease suffering and make the world a better, more beautiful place.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale