We like it when people collaborate. There’s something pleasing about imagining a bunch of folks with unique interests and skills embracing their differences to do something they wouldn’t have been able to on their own. What’s even better is when those different people with different skills happen to be two of your favourite practitioners in architecture and illustration respectively, coming together to produce a huge, colourful shed in the middle of the woods.
Ecology of Colour is exactly that, a glorious collaboration between Nous Vous and Studio Weave that sees William Edmonds’ precise geometric designs hand-painted onto a beautiful cedar structure, creating an approachable and inviting environment to house dyeing and wildlife workshops for the local community.
Situated at the heart of Ecology Island in Central Park, Dartford the structure was designed “to act as a jolly custodian for the re-imagined park” that has recently received serious investment from the Arts Council and Artlands. Completed in late September, the space is now open to the public and offers a surprisingly scenic environment in one of Kent’s less inviting boroughs.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain