We like it when people collaborate. There’s something pleasing about imagining a bunch of folks with unique interests and skills embracing their differences to do something they wouldn’t have been able to on their own. What’s even better is when those different people with different skills happen to be two of your favourite practitioners in architecture and illustration respectively, coming together to produce a huge, colourful shed in the middle of the woods.
Ecology of Colour is exactly that, a glorious collaboration between Nous Vous and Studio Weave that sees William Edmonds’ precise geometric designs hand-painted onto a beautiful cedar structure, creating an approachable and inviting environment to house dyeing and wildlife workshops for the local community.
Situated at the heart of Ecology Island in Central Park, Dartford the structure was designed “to act as a jolly custodian for the re-imagined park” that has recently received serious investment from the Arts Council and Artlands. Completed in late September, the space is now open to the public and offers a surprisingly scenic environment in one of Kent’s less inviting boroughs.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”