We’re thinking maybe we don’t post enough radio on here but then not every new online station is as good as NTS. The audio child of Nuts To Soup blog, its founders Clair Urbahn and Femi Adeyemi officially launched it last month with a number of flagship shows including a monthly salon with Wire magazine, plus 58 or so other DJs and hosts that each give a personal blend of music, interviews, spoken word and live-ness…
Tip for first time listening? Gilded Sound Reflection on Saturdays from 2-4pm. We also thought it would be nice to include some of the portraits that London-based “field editor and photographer”, Fergus McDonald has taken of some of the shows hosts for their new website, great stuff!
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Mattis Dovier’s weird and wonderful 8-bit dot animation for XXX’s music video
- Jessica Lehrman's photographic document of social revolution, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Siang find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale